Avian Husbandry, Rehabilitation and Hand Rearing Course held at (CWS)

This course was held on Saturday the 12th of August and Sunday the 13th of August 2017 Where I met an awesome group of people had a lot of fun throughout the duration of the course my two favorite people in were a lady who was a vet nurse and a young lady who went by the name of Chantal who owned her own bird aviary.

Coming from a disabled persons perspective I can't thank Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary enough for being exceedingly accommodating to my needs as I have a physical disability but in saying this I did ring up a month in advance to make sure that I could participate in the course alongside making sure everything was disabled accessible.    

My favorite parts of the course were as follows
 Day 1
 I enjoyed learning about the Anatomy and Physiology of birds followed by the afternoon walk to see the resident cassowaries of which was proceeded by me asking Brett a question about cormorants.
Day 2
 I enjoyed learning about all the equipment used to treat sick and injured birds along with animal handling and restraint (For birds). In addition to what I have just said about the restraint of animals we also spent some time at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary's animal rehabilitation unit where the bird that Kara had fed was recovering because it was having difficulty flying.   

Needless to say at the end of it all I was over the moon to have received my certificate.



Thanks
Stephanie:) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guiding light of Angela's voice

I finally got to Sydney! (Details of my trip)

Preparation for my 2019 Sydney trip