Brisbane Dog Lovers Show Saturday the 4th of November 2017

Our adventure to the Brisbane Dog Lovers Show began at precisely 10 am New South Wales time and 9 am Queensland time on Saturday the 4th of November. While on the way there, we had to stop to get fuel at Coomera petrol station, within half an our of doing that we reached the RNA Showgrounds in Brisbane, where the show was being held. The first thing we did when we got there was take a look around the Royal Canin Arena, before proceeding to go through the doors where were were greeted with what seemed like a million dog loving people, with their beautiful show worthy pooches of all different breeds, like Dachshunds, Poodles, English Sheepdogs, Fox Terriers, Labradors, Golden Retrievers, and pretty much every dog you could think of!

We watched a show about training your dogs to do all different tricks such as, roll over, spin around, shake, pray, play dead, beg, hide face under paw, cross front paws, all without saying any commands just using hand gestures, how cool is that?
Then we decided to grab a drink because it was so hot. After grabbing the drinks we went back inside to look around for a while, noticing all the different dog rescue groups that Queensland has, I never knew there were so many! We window shopped for a while, and went around patting different dogs, then we went on the mission to find the Alaskan Malamutes and Siberian Huskies. We looked absolutely everywhere until we eventually came across what we were looking for. There were two Malamutes and one Husky, unfortunately they were locked up in the cages, but the lady was kind enough to get them out for me so I could have a pat. The Husky was soooo cute! Just as cute and soft as I imagined. The Malamute was also super cute, he even jumped up onto my table to give me a cuddle.
After leaving this area, we then proceeded to go back to the celebrity vet stage, which was located all the way upstairs in the furthest corner of the room, and because there was so many people and dogs everywhere it felt like it took us forever to finally reach the stage. We squeezed through the crowds of people to get as close as possible to the stage, where we were meeting somebody special, somebody I've dreamed of seeing in person and meeting for 8 and a half years.
Once we finally found a place to sit, I sneakily squeezed into a spot on the edge of the aisle because we weren't supposed to be there, but to meet someone like this, its definitely worth taking a few risks.
The spokespeople talked for a bit about Dr. Katrina and her dogs, as we listened I prepared myself for the most amazing moment in my life. I froze up with excitement when they finally announced who was coming out onto the stage. 
"Would everyone please welcome Dr. Chris Brown onto the stage''
I felt like time froze, like the planets aligned, There he was, Dr. Chris, in the flesh, right in front of my eyes. My role model, my inspiration. It was like a dream.
He spoke about 'how to make your backyard dog friendly' in addition to talking about different dangerous plants for dogs you might find in your backyard, he also taught us warning signs that your cat or dog may show if they are allergic to grass, like licking in-between their toes, as the blades of the grass get caught on their bare skin as there is no fur in-between their toes. He told us that rinsing your dogs feet will help relieve the dogs discomfort. After he spoke about these topics, the most amazing part of the day began; the meet and greet.
As everyone lined up, we had to reverse back to let people out who weren't going to stand in line and meet him. We ended up at the back of the line, and shockingly, I nearly didn't get to meet him as they cut the line off right behind us. 
Even saying "The last person we are letting through is the lady in the wheelchair and that's it!"
This is one of the best things about being in a wheelchair. The line slowly moved so slowly, it felt like time had frozen completely, I just wanted to meet him! We got closer and closer to Chris, I was struggling to contain myself, I was so excited.

We got the cameras out ready to go, and the moment was finally here, Dr Chris Brown looked at me right in the eyes, and said 'Hello, how are you going?'' After our initial hellos we were able to get a few pictures, and luckily also his autograph, we'd actually forgotten to get my autograph book out of my bag, so Tilly (my carer) rushed to the rescue, apologizing a million times and dropping everything and then when I was finally sorted realised we forgot to get the pen, she actually asked Dr Chris if he had a pen, which she regrets now, cause as if he has a pen, but he was nice enough to actually go out of his way and get a pen off one of the security guards, now this is the Dr Chris Brown I've dreamed of. I got his autograph while the lady started taking pictures of all 3 of us together. I knew now that we were running out of time, So I quickly asked about the little pied cormorant of which appeared on Bondi Vet and went by the name of Beaky, but unfortunately I found out that he had passed away not long after the episode was filmed. I was heartbroken.
I really wished we had more time but unfortunately that's all we got, as we were rushed away I called out "'I hope to be able to see you again'".
That was the end of the meet and greet, so we decided to get some food and head home.
Overall it was an amazing day filled with beautiful dogs and very kind people, and meeting Dr Chris Brown is a moment in time that I'll cherish forever.




Luckily when we arrived at the Dog Lovers Show, we made a beeline for the amenities, that were, of course, supposedly for disabled access, of which they were suitable, but the only critique I have in regards to that specific disable toilet is that there wasn't enough room allocated for ease of movement between two people. Although in saying this I do applaud the fact that the rail was on the right hand side as this made it easier for me to assist my carer, had this not been the case  we would have had to try and find another toilet that would have been suitable. 






















































Thanks
Stephanie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guiding light of Angela's voice

I finally got to Sydney! (Details of my trip)

Preparation for my 2019 Sydney trip