Sex vs Disability

Now, this blog is a little bit different as I do not have much experience in this area. 

So, please don't quote me if I say anything amiss in this blog. 

My experience with sex is not really that much! Practically. But, I do have a lot of knowledge in regards to it anatomically. So when I was younger, I grew up thinking that I never wanted kids. And at that stage, I also did not want to have sex. But there came a time when the opportunity came around, and I said to the lady who was working with me then that I would not turn the opportunity down if it came around. And the right opportunity eventually did. Was I happy with it? Well, I wouldn't say I was, but I also wouldn't say I wasn't. I was very uneasy initially because, like most people, we have difficulty opening up about our personal life. And for disabled people, it is even harder because we need people to assist us with our personal life. For me now, I see a sex therapist by the name of Dr Marita Heck. She is a very beautiful, very open and very approachable lady when it comes to the subject of sex vs disability. I have been very lucky to be under Marita's care because there ain't many people in her specialty field of medicine within Australia. Another subject that Marita has spoken to me about is sex-positive OTs. Now once again, I haven't had much experience in that area, so I can't put my facts forward as I normally would. I would normally do extensive research on different topics, but this one is very different as I have been the topic's subject. And as far as I am aware, I am the only one in Australia who is participating in this type of research/project for Marita at the moment. There is another research team that I am involved in that goes over different sexual/sensual topics when it comes to normal able-body sex as opposed to having sex with a disability. 

There is one more person that I would like to pay my respects to right now. That person is David from Active Hand Therapy. Throughout the course of the year and late last year, I was attending Active Hand Therapy for appointments with David to come up with some sort of sexual prop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guiding light of Angela's voice

I finally got to Sydney! (Details of my trip)

Preparation for my 2019 Sydney trip