POKÉMON Detective Pikachu Movie Review



My first impressions of the movie were speculative. I am saying this when speaking in reference to the movie trailers that came out before the movie was realized. Through my eyes there were only 2 criticisms that i have. One being the fact that they missed out a certain part of the game that in my opinion could have made the movie better.  The chapter in the game that could have been referenced in the movie but is missing in the movie as apposed to the game is called "Litwick Cave " other then the movie having missed the second chapter of the game, the only other criticism i have is that in the game as apposed to the movie, at the end of the game Tim does not meet his father but does find out his father is alive. Unlike the movie yesterday were at the end of the movie the actor that plays Tim, Justice Smith gets to meet his father at the end of the movie who goes by the name of Henry Goodwin who is played by Ryan Reynolds. At the end of the game Mewtwo tells Tim that his father is alive but you still don't get to actual meet him in the game.


The next part of what i am about to described is not to criticize or meant to in anyway offend anyone. In my personal opinion one of my favorite parts of the movie is when a human who was in a wheelchair got to morph into a Pokémon. I will clarify that i am uncertain whether or not the actor playing the male in a wheelchair in the movie or has a disability in real life. For me watching as an actual disabled viewer of the film i imagined myself morphing myself into a Pokémon and running off into the distance because there has been sometimes of my life i wish could have just turned into an animal or Pokémon of a matter of fact and just able to be alone. As a result of this not having in reality at least i get to experienced this in a cinematic way.

I also got to enjoy this wonderful movie with friends of mine which i don't commonly get to catch up with accept every Thursday once a fortnight. I will add pictures of my/our experience











Thanks,

Stephanie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guiding light of Angela's voice

I finally got to Sydney! (Details of my trip)

Preparation for my 2019 Sydney trip