Two Styx May 2019

This holiday will be happening in the middle of May from the 17th to the 19th. So as to how many details I will have for you after my trip to Two Styx I am uncertain at this point in time, I can tell you that Julia will be going as my carer and it is a Adventure holiday. As promised i will now elaborate and update you on what went down on my weekend away. So we leave Tweed Heads on the 17th of May and stopped at 2 places on the way before reaching Two Styx.  One was a Cafe called Oliver's which was at Maclean NSW and the other was a place called Fusspots which was located in Ebor 20 minutes away from our destination of which we were staying. I did get some photos but the best photos and footage of this place were taken by my carer named Julia.  I am uncertain at this point in time of where you can find these photos i will personally look on Facebook and update this accordingly. Once we had arrived at our destination there were 2 fireplaces in this accommodation it definitely was disabled accessible of which i did take photos of myself personally and i will upload at a later date.  As for the hiking it took place on the 18th of May i am going to come straight out and say this would not normally something that i would have in the past seen myself taking part in, But after having experiencing it myself i do encourage other people with disability if they have interested in hiking or even if it's just a once of thing you would like to experience it was definitely worth my time. Disclaimer this is not something you would try at home or with someone that thought they could do it but is inexperienced. I have been lucky enough to have the use of Grace and Mike to be able to experience this in a safe glorying way.  Although i will admit it would help to have a proper hiking wheelchair as i was just using my manual chair at the time this was taking place. I did tip my chair twice throughout my experience, One was when we were on the initial hike through New England National Park after we had finish the initial hike later that afternoon around 2/2:30PM we went on another small walk and my uncle and another person inclusive or exclusive of Julia helped get me in my manual chair up a small flight of stairs, but in the process of doing this funny enough  i ended sideways with my head almost in a garden bed. Thankfully Mike took the brunt of the fall along with my chair so the fall was quickly corrected, and that was the end of the second day.  The first day when we initially arrived at our accommodation was funny because we had to go through a big paddock to get though to an even bigger lake for Julia to take photos whilst my mum and i observed the scenery around us.  It was tricky getting over to the lake because nearly everywhere you looked or turned was cow manure which made it quiet a funny task with me being in a wheelchair because not only did i have to find my way around cow manure i also had to get through the thick grass underneath me of which i did get bogged once but thankfully it was not cow manure.  Most of the people that accompanied me on the trip were early rises so if i can find Julia's photos there will be some quiet stunning photos of sunrises. I would also encourage people to try wheelie hiking at least once because i know after having the experience myself that it is something i have told my uncle it is something that i would like to participate in at least twice a year or twice every couple of years. I hope you enjoyed hearing about my wheelie hiking experience and i would be grateful to be able to help/advice people who were unsure about doing wheelie hiking. For my information on my experience please refer to the description of my YouTube video which also outlines my awesome experience.










 If you want anymore information about hiking in general please see links below. https://www.facebook.com/walkaboutact... https://www.walkaboutactive.com.au


  Also a big thank you to Julia Marr for all her help across the course of the weekend. https://www.youtube.com/channel https://www.facebook.com/JuliaMarrpho... https://www.juliamarrphotography.com

" Two Styx Video"
https://youtu.be/0klQv6qx3F4


































































































Thanks
Stephanie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guiding light of Angela's voice

I finally got to Sydney! (Details of my trip)

Preparation for my 2019 Sydney trip