Coping with mental health while having a disability

 Now you'll have to excuse me on this one, I am relatively new to the area of mental health when it comes to seeing mental health professionals, but I have dealt with my own mental health for some time now, has this been easy? No, it hasn't. My mental health comes in various forms, the most common - anxiety. Earlier this year, on the 26th of April, when I had my first appointment with a psychiatrist, I was diagnosed with situational anxiety. Still, I also had to cope with another big topic which is suicide. Recently this one has not been easy. I have been back and forth to doctor's appointments over the past month or so because I have had multiple things wrong; for example, I had to syringe out my ears, and I went back to a doctor's appointment to do with a burn. Why do I open up about mental health, you ask? Well, the thing is, like most people, I don't really want to, but it relieves frustration and some other emotions if people do open up about mental health as an overall topic. Over the past year, this has not been easy as I have been seeing a psychologist by the name of Christie Spellacy, and I'm currently on the hunt for more psychiatrists. Am I happy about this? No, I'm not; I wish I could deal with it myself, but that's not the case, so here I am, trying to open up about it.

Naturally, as we all know with mental health at the moment, the industry itself is under a moderate amount of stress, so when I was at Robina Private Hospital today, I looked into a few of their current practising psychiatrists that my psychologist Christie recommended to me, and not that I booked any yet. Still, the earliest appointment I can get at Robina isn't until November. So I will keep you updated on the subject as more information comes in. Thank you for reading, and have a great night.

Stephanie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guiding light of Angela's voice

I finally got to Sydney! (Details of my trip)

Preparation for my 2019 Sydney trip