Pokemon Nurse Joy

 As for those who have been close to me or know me directly or indirectly, you will know that nurse joy has been my favourite pokemon character for a long time. Now a lot of people ask me why this is, and in recent times, once again, my perception of this question has changed. The reason for that is yesterday, my uncle Mick asked me what attracted me to Pokemon in the first place and how things had changed over time. One of the parts of my answer was: I used it for stress relief when I was younger, and it used to make me extremely happy, and it was something similar to what I mentioned in the blog "Unexpected Shopping Spree". How has my perception of these 2 questions changed over the years? Well, it changed in leaps and bounds as I can't spend the time I want to research what was and still is one of my favourite subjects - Pokemon. A few years ago, there was an April fools joke that came out at the end of March or April, that was a Pokemon University Degree schedule, which I was very happy about, and I really wanted it to be real. Still, a couple of days later, I realised it wasn't; believe me, I wasn't happy. So naturally, I wanted to study it, but nothing came of it at the time; once again, it was similar to a university degree in the Japanese language that I wanted to take up that was taking place in Sydney that I wanted to take up at a similar time. I looked up what it would cost to do the degree as well as carers, and it was $10,000 per week per carer, don't quote me on this pricing as things would have changed, but that's what's coming out of my head without doing figures. So naturally, I was disheartened that I couldn't do the Japanese language course, but I realised a while ago that the best person to help me with this was actually a friend of my father's, Cameron Quinn. I recently met up with Cameron at a couple of events I have been to with my father in recent times; one was in Sydney when we went out to lunch, and the other was a couple of days ago where my dad actually won the most spirited award at a karate tournament in Robina which Karate tournaments don't often come around this close to home, so it was nice not to have to travel as far, but then again Karate tournaments are Karate tournaments and to acknowledge my father as his daughter and his achievements in the realm of karate, I say; "Osu" which is a term of acknowledgement in Karate. So as for how Nurse Joy is related to Karate and how Pokemon is related to Karate, technically in the overall realm of things, they have no correlation at all, but in previous years that have gone past, my father has been fortunate enough to spend time at some of the pokemon centres in Japan. Now to those of you who aren't as invested in the pokemon world, a pokemon centre in the anime is a hospital for pokemon, and so I like to look at this as the equivalent of a vet for animals; my correlation between these two things did not come at an early age, it actually came when I was in year 9, so it would have been the year I turned 16. How I came up with this at this age, I'll never know, I think it was because I realised that pokemon were similar to real-life animals, so then I did a lot of research into what pokemon were related to which real-life animals and some of these pokemon appear in nurse joy episodes. Although Nurse Joy episodes now are a little bit bland, I understand why they dull them down for certain reasons, but I've never done research into the way the actors of Nurse Joy do their acting of this character. I have seen other youtube videos of other actors doing their acting for other characters in pokemon. Another thing with my likeness to Nurse Joy is something I tried to do a few years back, which is something that I haven't mentioned anywhere. All copyright rights go to the respected people as I do not own Pokemon, and what I'm about to share has been fanmade by me. Still, I haven't been able to get it off the ground, and I was hoping to one day speak to the creators of Pokemon about this, but I've as of yet not had the chance to do this in person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guiding light of Angela's voice

I finally got to Sydney! (Details of my trip)

Preparation for my 2019 Sydney trip