Where would I live?

 Many people ask me, where would I live if I didn't live with my parents? And truth be told, to be brutally honest, I don't know. Place number 1 would be somewhere outside of Sydney, so it would be easy to commute to Sydney because everything I want to do ends up being in Sydney. And most importantly, I guess I could add that I'd be much closer to my favourite vet, Dr Chris Brown. Place number 2: Well, this one is often joked about with people close to me or, funnily enough, Angela. This place would be at the end of a culdesac in Banora Point; it would actually be Angela and Murray's house. Now, why would I move here, you ask? Well, for a few reasons, one being that it would be closer to my parents than Sydney, two being that I've always imagined myself living with them for some reason, and three being that I would feel comfortable. The 3rd place would be Sophie's new apartment and/or future house. Still, this place is not viable at the moment because her new apartment is not disabled-accessible, and I feel it would be too much of a burden on her because she spends a considerable amount of her time travelling. Other than this, Sophie and I have been friends since kindergarten, so I know personality-wise it would work to move in with her, and at least I would keep up to date with all her dancing adventures, and I'm sure we'd have a lot of fun together. 

As to what I'd do in Sydney if I lived closer, well, I would probably enrol in some courses because, for some reason, the education I want to do always happens to be in Sydney as well, don't ask me why I don't know why it happened that way. Other than living in Sydney, my biggest reason for going there would be for tourist events, like 'Vivid' and other animal places I haven't visited the first time around. I had this joke with Angela just the other day; she said to me in response, "no, you don't want to live with me; you need to live with someone your own age" me being me, I just laughed and continued on with my day, but I feel its time that I tell her why I've always felt that way inclined, the reason why I've always wanted to move in with her is that ever since she finished work with me a few years back, as I mentioned earlier, they have always been people that I've felt safe with. Still, on the other hand, I've always looked up to her as some kind of a role model. Well, I can't tell you right now why this is, but I will in another blog. 

Some of you are probably thinking, "why is someone older than me such a role model to me, rather than someone in my own age demographic?" The answer to this would be that I've always grown up around older people, so I've always found it easier to converse with an older person than a person of my own age group. This is not all bad; it does have some positives, particularly when my grandfather (Opar) was alive before he passed away in 2018. He always asked me what I wanted to do with my life, and the thing was, I could never give him a true answer because I didn't have a volunteer job until after he passed away, so I really couldn't speak much about what I was doing with my life at the time. I always used to tell him what I wished I could do, and funnily enough, the places mentioned in this blog were not mentioned to him. Angela and Sophie would have been mentioned as people/friends in my life at the time he was alive, but nothing really in reference to living with them, which is kind of sad, but once again, as I always say: It's not always a negative thing having a disability, just because I live with my parents doesn't mean I despise of them because they actually do a lot of work for me. They're actually in the middle of painting the outside of our house. 

Other than this, mum is now getting into a bit more gardening and a bit more outdoor activities, which has been good to see because she's been using her outlets. At the end of the day, regardless of what happens in the future, my parents will always be my parents, and I will always love them dearly.

Thank you for reading. Until next time!

Stephanie Collas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guiding light of Angela's voice

I finally got to Sydney! (Details of my trip)

Preparation for my 2019 Sydney trip