Aspects of living with a disability part 17 - Fear of failing (intellectually)

 Once again this is just a disclaimer because I'm not as intelligent in this area of disability. So please, if the information that I share with you is not exactly accurate, I ask you to keep this statement in mind and look forward to any feedback you might have.

In my experience when I've had interactions with intellectually disabled people when they don't win they become very frustrated because they can't see the purpose behind not being able to win or not being perfect in something, they find it more difficult to come to terms with the fact that they haven't done something exactly right, or the fact that it's taken them longer to achieve something which puts a downer on their day. One way I found of combatting this potentially, is you try to get down to their level and teach them the right techniques, particularly when it comes to sport, and the key here is; to take time and be patient. And with those two things, you should eventually get to where you are trying to achieve.

Thank you,

Stephanie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guiding light of Angela's voice

I finally got to Sydney! (Details of my trip)

Preparation for my 2019 Sydney trip