Aspects of living with a disability part 19 - Healthy eating (kids)

 This can be another varying subject when it comes to dealing with children with disabilities, using myself as an example, I was always very good at eating most things when I was a kid, but to be entirely truthful, the one thing that I have struggled with has been fluid consumption. Am I happy with this? No, I'm not, believe me. Because it can cause more issues over a longer period of time than you think. For example now what I struggle with on a day to day basis is actually not being able to go to the toilet in public toilets, so that means I have to restrict things in public so I'm able to get home, so I can carry out these things. Once again it's about getting down to their level and making it a somewhat interactive process, so this would be allowing them to choose how much they eat of what they've got in their lunchboxes, is this easy? No. Because at the end of the day your parents check how much of what you've consumed, at least this was the way it was for me, and then you might find they'll get up on their high horse because they're concerned you haven't consumed enough of something. And for now, I will leave you with that to think of.

Thank you,

Stephanie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guiding light of Angela's voice

I finally got to Sydney! (Details of my trip)

Preparation for my 2019 Sydney trip