Aspects of living with a disability part 15 - Fear of the unknown from the view of an intellectual disabled person

 Once again here, you will have to bear with me because this is not my specialty area. I would assume that fear of the unknown from a person with an intellectual disability is how not knowing when saying something can affect someone else. It would be fear of what could come back at them if people did not take it the right way. Another thing that I am assuming would affect an intellectually disabled person would be not being able to pronounce correctly. So the chances of it being misinterpreted are higher, causing frustration for them and those around them. Lastly, I would assume that for them, when experiencing new situations or being pushed out of their comfort zone, it would be very challenging. As they do not possess the ability or the capacity to fully understand and comprehend why things are being done a certain way, fear can easily take its place. 

Until next time.

Stephanie :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guiding light of Angela's voice

I finally got to Sydney! (Details of my trip)

Preparation for my 2019 Sydney trip