Aspects of living with a disability part 5; Anxiety around fear of unknown.

 This will be my last blog for the night so I will try my best to make it as proficient as possible!

Anxiety around fear of the unknown, for any disabled person, is a huge thing because a lot of the time we have someone else making decisions for us or in reference to us. So, we usually don't have a choice or control in the situation either, which adds to the anxiety. An example of this is when I recently saw a psychiatrist. Personally, I found it extremely difficult to do and very confronting, which is why if I have to go back to them, I would not be happy. But once again, as I just said in my previous blog, which I hope to link below at some point (but it won't be tonight), these doctors do serve a purpose in the community and they are there for the people who do really need them. 

For example, my fear of the unknown s felt at least  4 times a fortnight, which equates to twice a week. This could be for multiple reasons as for the past months, my mental health has not been easy to deal with. And, as a person with a disability who has moderate to extensive knowledge of medical stuff, that is not qualified. But just because I have extensive knowledge of this stuff, it does not mean that it makes it easier to deal with. Sometimes it actually makes it harder, to the point that because you know what could happen in the future, you've got to compartmentalize your brain and stop thinking of the worst-case scenario-  which, believe me, we all do! But, sometimes these things we think of, don't end up being true and this will potentially would put a smile on your face by the end of the day- aka for me the psychiatrist appointment. I came home extremely relieved and delighted that at this stage I haven't been diagnosed with a mental health condition. Before attending this appointment, I was extremely worried that for some reason I would end up with paranoid schizophrenia...but, when I found out that I was not schizophrenic, I left that clinic faster than I have ever left a doctor's appointment in my life. 

In addition, this was probably; the quickest doctor I have ever seen because he did not want to see me ever again.  And once again, this is an individual thing to deal with. So everyone's strategy will be different. 

Thanks! 

Have a great night.

I hope I will be blogging again soon.

Stephanie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guiding light of Angela's voice

I finally got to Sydney! (Details of my trip)

Preparation for my 2019 Sydney trip