Aspects of living with a disability part 13 - How to facilitate a conversation with a physically disabled person

 1- Do not walk away. 

2- Let us finish speaking. 

3- Miscommunication is a big no-no.

4- Miscommunication is most commonly seen when tip number 2 is not followed promptly. Give us time to communicate swiftly, so it does not lead to number 3.

If miscommunication is achieved, it is tough to get back to the original conversation for some people because your right of say gets overhauled. Then, after you have communicated your point, it is always lovely to hear out from the other person.  And then, they can give you the best advice on moving forward. 

Before I leave you with an ellipsis in your wake, if you don't let us finish speaking, it can cause us a great deal of frustration. For example, about myself, I would go another quarter of my day trying to communicate to another person what I was trying to say. 

Until next time!

Thanks,

Stephanie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guiding light of Angela's voice

I finally got to Sydney! (Details of my trip)

Preparation for my 2019 Sydney trip